5.25.2007

Fairwell, Old Friend


Nobody wants to buy a couch that has been loved like this one for so many years. Nobody will even take the couch for free. In fact, we decided, nobody will want to buy a condo that has this couch in it.

So, Jamo gave a heartwarming eulogy, and set the beloved couch free. Moments later, he says, it was compacted to the size of a dime by some kind of monstrous garbage machine.


Yesterday was a big day for me in terms of moving milestones. Firstly, I told my manager I was leaving -- and oh my goodness, I was completely unprepared for how hard that would be. I mean, really, it's not my manager's fault that San Francisco is way more fun than Westminster, MD. So it goes.

Now I'm in that awkward in-between stage at work, where my leaving is not completely common knowledge yet, but a few select people know about it. There hasn't been enough time for word to spread far, so I'm never sure who knows and who doesn't, etc, etc. Luckily, I have a four day weekend, starting today, so that should help get my mind off work.

The other moving milestone achieved yesterday was the official listing of my condo. Here's the clip:
Internet Remarks: FANTASTIC TERRACE LEVEL CONDO! LOVINGLY MAINTAINED, OPEN FLOOR PLAN, NEUTRAL DECOR, BERBER CARPET, CROWN MOLDING, PRIVATE SIDE ENTRANCE & PATIO, ALARM SYSTEM, CEILING FANS, DUAL SINK, HARDWOOD FLOORING, LARGE STORAGE ROOM/PANTRY OFF KITCHEN, SECURE BUILDING ONLY MINUTES FROM METRO AND SHOPPING! THIS ONE WILL NOT LAST LONG!


What do you guys think? Will this one last long? Are the internet remarks speaking the truth?

1 comment:

iwearhats said...

if nothing else, at least i learned a new meaning for the word 'terrace' today.